Tomatoes as many as will fill the amount of jars you have
1 teaspoon of salt per jar
*Optional 1 teaspoon of lemon juice per jar
- Drop tomatoes whole into boiling water
- Watch for them to have their skins crack or for them to float on top of the water
- When cracked or floating pull out of water place in tub of ice water
- Use your hands to gentle pop of skins and leave the tomatoes whole
- Pack into hot jars and push down at the top to fill the jar with the tomatoes juice
- (Note depending on the type of tomatoes, and jar size you may be surprised how many fill a jar. I used medium ones last night in quart jars and had about 15 – 16 tomatoes per jar! )
- Wipe jar then adjust two piece caps.
- Pints 35 minutes
- Quarts 45 minutes
Dial Gauge Type @ 11 pounds pressure or Weighted Gauge Type @ 10 pounds pressure.
- Pints 15 minutes
- Quarts 15 minutes