Duncan Wilder Johnson is a metal head with a punk rock heart. He has been writing and performing spoken word since 1995 and is the lead singer of Destruct-a-thon. He lives in the Boston area and listens to Slayer on colored vinyl… everyday.
Duncan has turned loud rock fans onto his speaking performances. He has played the Boston Freedom Rally (audience of 60,000 people), performed with Jim Carroll (author of The Basketball Diaries), Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys), Marky Ramone (The Ramones), Lydia Lunch, Angelo Moore (Fishbone), Overcast, Sam Black Church, and Scissorfight.
THIS IS NOT SLAM POETRY. THIS IS NOT SENSITIVE ESOTERIC CRAP. THIS IS METAL WITH JUST ONE GUY ON A STAGE.
He has released 7 CDs to date:
* On Tour Without A Band (1998, 1-900-EAT-Redbackack), with Rich Mackin, Clay Fernald, and Tony Flacket
* Heavy Metal Spoken Word (2000, Wonderdrug / Redbackpack),
*DWJ/Destruct-a-thon split, aka The Orange CD (2001, Wonderdrug / Redbackpack)
* Destruct-a-thon - Es Muerto (2001-2004) Disc 1 on the Workaholica set (2006, Thrashachusetts)
* Kill It All Away- S/T Disc 2 on the Workaholica set (2006, Thrashachusetts)
*Duncan Wilder Johnson …Has A Short Guy Complex - Spoken Word #4 Disc 3 on the Workaholica set (2006, Thrashachusetts).
* Destruct-a-thon - Aloha Jihad EP (2008, Thrashachusetts)
Latest greatest meal cooked at home:
Let's just say that I've developed a spinach addiction.
Fight - Everything You Wanted To Know About Ass Kicking, But Were Afraid You'd Get Your Ass Kicked For Asking by Eugene S. Robinson