CSA COOKOFF: WHAT CAME IN LAST WEEK’S FARM SHARE & HOW WE USED IT
Hearty thanks to World Peas, the food hub that feeds me and hundreds of other New Englanders weekly. Keep on growing!
1. Kale: This guy anchored a massaged kale salad with peaches and goat cheese.
2. Hot peppers: Went into a salsa with tomatillos from the prior week’s share.
3. Carrots: Saved these to make a soup with the leeks that arrived in my latest share.
4. Heirloom tomatoes: Breakfast sandwiches.
5. Potatoes: See this week’s featured recipe, below.
6. Bell peppers: Added crunch to shrimp and corn enchiladas topped with the salsa from number 2.
7. Sweet corn: See number 6.
8. Peaches: Peach, goat cheese, and basil pizza. An experiment I would make again, adding caramelized onions and walnuts.
THIS WEEK’S RECIPE:
SLEEPER GRILLED POTATOES
These don’t look like much, but that’s their genius. Underpromise, overdeliver. I’d call this the best use of taters in a side dish that I’ve had in forever—or maybe even just ever. My partner-in-cooking whipped these up one night this past week for dinner alongside fish tacos. I took one bite, put down my plate, and took a picture. They’re that good, not to mention ridiculously easy, especially if you leave the work to someone else!
» 3 to 4 medium potatoes
» 3 to 4 Tbsp olive oil
» 3 Tbsp lemon juice
» 1 tsp cumin
» ½ tsp cayenne
» salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the grill. Thinly slice the potatoes then toss them in a bowl with all of the other ingredients. Grill until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Happy farm sharing!
CSA Cookoff is an ongoing series devoted to putting farm share bounty to good use. What did you get this week? And what did you make with it? Post a comment or photo and share the farm share love!