HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

In Brooklyn over Memorial Day Weekend I tried beers from Sixpoint Craft Ales and Squirrel Tail Brewing Company -- both amazing craft breweries with incredible brews.  What craft or microbreweries are local to you? What are your favorites? Here is a listing of The 2010 Top 50 Breweries as determined by the Brewers Association. Seven are regional to me -- guess it's time for some brewery tours!

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

I live in the Quad Cities on the Iowa side and we are blessed with four local breweries.  My favorite local brew is Great River Brewery (Davenport, IA)-very tasty stuff.  Bent River Brewing (Moline, IL) is a close second. 

We just got back from Wisconsin and brought back a couple of cases of New Glarus beer and one case from Capital Brewing.  One brewery you must find and sample is Tyranena Brewery in Lake Mills, WI--everything is gold there too.

I really wish I could have visited some breweries in Milwaukee last summer when Farm Aid was there for our concert! We did try some beer, but nothing fresh from the source...

Sarah Beard said:

I live in the Quad Cities on the Iowa side and we are blessed with four local breweries.  My favorite local brew is Great River Brewery (Davenport, IA)-very tasty stuff.  Bent River Brewing (Moline, IL) is a close second. 

We just got back from Wisconsin and brought back a couple of cases of New Glarus beer and one case from Capital Brewing.  One brewery you must find and sample is Tyranena Brewery in Lake Mills, WI--everything is gold there too.

We went to Farm Aid last year and stopped by our favorite brewery in Milwaukee, Lakefront Brewery. Good beer and the place is always full of cheer, of course!

We're going to try and hit Boulevard Brewing on the way to Farm Aid 2011. Maybe try to find some other small breweries.
I'm the president of the Escambia Bay Homebrewers here in Pensacola and 2 of our members recently opened the Pensacola Bay Brewery in downtown historic Pensacola. I'm buying "LOCAL"! Great beers on tap and growlers to go!

My favorite has to be Otter Creek brewery out of Middlebury, Vermont.  If you like dark beers, I strongly suggest their Black IPA, and they also have awesome seasonal beers to try.  Not sure if you can find them too far outside of Vermont, but if you are in the northeast you might have a better shot

Pizza Port/Lost Abbey is my favorite.  Whenever I'm in the San Diego area one of their locations is a must stop for a pint, pizza and growler fill.    A little closer to home are Ladyface Ales (Agoura Hills) and Surf Brewing (Ventura), both of which are frequent stops for me. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library