HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Well, it's that time of year again!  My seed catalogs have been coming in and I am really itching to get to some gardening.  Here in NC the winter blues haven't really set in as we've seen very mild temps this winter, and are still getting in plenty of greens.  But what to do until my days are filled with not much else but the garden?  I know, let's have a seed swap!

If you've participated in the past, we'll use the same format.  If you're new, this is how it goes:  Leave a comment on this discussion like "I'm in!" or "HolyCheezeWhizzMonkeytails this is the bestest idea to ever spring forth from all of human creation" or "eh, sure, I'll try anything once."  Include your hardiness zone.  I will compile the list and assign trading partners.  Cut off date will be the end of February.  When I publish the list (on this discussion board) contact your trading partner with private message and arrange the details of your swap.  

Easy-peezy!

T

*Shepherdess edit**

Here is a link to the new hardiness zones map.

Tags: 2012, HolyCheezeWhizzMonkeytails, seeds, share, swap, trade

Views: 427

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in again this year.  Northern CA, Sacramento Valley  Zone 7B and/or  Western Sunset Zone 9....but I can pretty much grow anything.   I'll have Waltham Butternut Squash,  Lots and lots or beans,  Lots and lots of carrots, turnips and radishes.  Fava Beans, some corn, sunflower, corriander, tomatoes (heirloom and hybrids), onion seed, marigolds and plenty of others.

I'm so sorry I missed this before, Torry! YES! I'm in and I'm zone 6b - and thanks for the new zones map! HolyCheesewhizzMonkeyTails!!

I'm in !!  I'm ion zone 6B

Hey Torry! I'm new to this...zone 6b!

I would love to swap -- 7b.

I've got tons of seeds, and I'd love to try new and interesting things.  Zone 6b.

hi!! i would love to swap some seeds!!!  I am in zone 9a. I also have a ton of basil seed if anyone is interested!! I'm looking for some broccoli  :)

Awesome a Seed Swap...I'm in! I'm in 6b!

Oh! Me! I'm in 7a and I have a ton of veggies and bee-attracting flowers!

I'm in 5b zone.  New to saving seeds so I can't stake my word on the viability of what I've got.  I'll try to sprout some this week.  Not sure if I should be posting just interest in swapping or wants and haves? 

New at this 1st timer but i'm in zone 6b

Doug, if you have enough, run a simple germination test...9 out of 10 is considered great!

doug anderson said:

I'm in 5b zone.  New to saving seeds so I can't stake my word on the viability of what I've got.  I'll try to sprout some this week.  Not sure if I should be posting just interest in swapping or wants and haves? 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library