HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I liked how the seed swap went last year.  Seeds are a little friendlier to mail out to the far reaches of the world.  I've got several heirloom vegetables and fruits stratifying in the freezer right now, and they'll be ready to hit the post office, hmm let's say, February?  Who's in? - just comment on this discussion and we'll arrange traders.  Please add your hardiness zone too.

Torry

Views: 404

Replies to This Discussion

Seed swappers, it looks like we have lots of  people signed up, that's so great!  Those last few FB posts really drummed up the interest.  I'd like to go ahead and assign partners, as one, we have several compatable traders, and two, I'm being dispatched to a wildfire and will be gone for a good while.  If we have any stragglers, I'm sure we can match them up no problemo.  Here is the Swapping list:

Paul Lueders & charlotte polizzo

Sonya Austin Emerik & Mrs. Webb

Natalie Roy & Tracylea Slinkard

Cornelia & Melissa

Serena & Sarah Elise

Torry & Jessica Eiden Smedley

Courtney & m ichael

Janis Freeman & loura linsenmann

Anita Stewart & Andrea K

Louise Sugar & John Smith

Michael & Rachel Whetzel

Fred Walsh & Lynda Reynolds

Joyce Weaver & Arika

new urban farmers & Shelley cornell

The odd one out is Kathy, who I will gladly trade with also.

So this is how it works.  Find your trade partner on this list.  Contact them on Homegrown email (a friend add may be necessary) and exchange shipping addresses.  Please remember to keep all info private between you and your fellow swapper.  Ship seeds.  Grow plants.  Take lovely pictures, post said lovely pictures on Homegrown.  Tell all your friends and neighbors how cool you are for having participated in Homegrown's 2001 Seed Swap.  Done!

Nice! Thanks! But I think you were ten years earlier, we are in 2011 :)
WooHoo, a fellow Hoosier. I'm getting ready to start my seeds soon.

Tracylea Slinkard said:
I would like to join in too. I am in Indiana zone 5.
Anyone care to share success stories from the swap?
Sure! I got a diversed seeds, like pumpkins(which is already growing in my garden, I will post pictures on my page), different beans, and I also found a lovely lady that lives close to me and she was so nice is giving me seeds too, like radishes ( which I am already harvesting), I will sure participate next year and I am planning to contribute with more seeds, this was my first year gardening, and participating in a seed swap was great !

saddely i forgot all about the seed swap, we still have large patches of snow here! We had two late snow storms, and it was cold until recently, even this morning we had a mix of rain and melting snow falling! I'm really discouraged this spring. And I sowed my tomatoes a little late, so my plants are small for this time of year...

I hope next year I'll wake up! So far we had rain all week and quite cool weather, i have a small part on my garden that i can sow with lettuce and mesclum, and also radish. Three of my other garden patches stille have a foot and a half of snow! You see why I need a small greehouse to obtain red tomatoes,LOLL?

Sorry for anyone who intended to swap with me, though I have some seeds, like perriennals: lupinus, echinacea...

What state do u live in? I used to live in canada and I know my uncles bought already grown plant early in summer, luckily I live in California and I am amazed my
Medium tomato plants have lil fruit...
live Nathalie Roy said:

saddely i forgot all about the seed swap, we still have large patches of snow here! We had two late snow storms, and it was cold until recently, even this morning we had a mix of rain and melting snow falling! I'm really discouraged this spring. And I sowed my tomatoes a little late, so my plants are small for this time of year...

I hope next year I'll wake up! So far we had rain all week and quite cool weather, i have a small part on my garden that i can sow with lettuce and mesclum, and also radish. Three of my other garden patches stille have a foot and a half of snow! You see why I need a small greehouse to obtain red tomatoes,LOLL?

Sorry for anyone who intended to swap with me, though I have some seeds, like perriennals: lupinus, echinacea...

We live in the Quebec province, about 25min. north of Quebec city, in the beginning of the Laurentian Park. We have late frosts in spring and very early frosts in fall, but last year was a great summer!  I've tried some smaller tomato size cultivar, planted them in the south, close to the house, some summers  I managed to pick a few cherry-tomatoes or small tomatoes. I will buy again this year a few more mature plants to give me a head-start, but my seedlings are either heritage or special cultitvar I long for.

I sympatise with all americans who struggle following the devastating tornadoes of last week,  here in Quebec we have many people who are flooded, many rivers are overflowing around their houses, and also flooding fields for crops. I'm afraid this year will not be a good one for crops. Fortunately I live in the mountains, a small river floes behind my house, but never gets very big.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library