HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I liked how the seed swap went last year.  Seeds are a little friendlier to mail out to the far reaches of the world.  I've got several heirloom vegetables and fruits stratifying in the freezer right now, and they'll be ready to hit the post office, hmm let's say, February?  Who's in? - just comment on this discussion and we'll arrange traders.  Please add your hardiness zone too.

Torry

Tags: 2011, seed, swap

Views: 208

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to participate.  I think I am zone 5-- 12095 zip-- upstate ny. 

Hello folks! I would love to take part. I'm in zone 6, I believe - Arlington, MA - and I've got:

Pole Beans Roma type and French type

Tomato Brandywine

Carrot Danvers

Radish Cherry Belle

Pumpkin Jack O'Lantern

Sunflower Sunspot

Caraway

and

Heirloom Morning Glory

Can't wait!

I just sent off another 20 packets of seed I traded for strawberry crowns.  I hope I have some left when this swap starts.  I've received emails and requests from New York to Southern California.  There must be lots of gardening going on!
I'm in!! I don't have any saved seeds to share, but I have bought some organics and territorial seeds that I don't need the whole package. Can I send those kinds of things?  I live in Oregon, Zone 8 I'm told... I'm interested in some heritage seeds, and melons. I'm also looking for someone who may have pattypan seed. I only need a couple. lol
I'm in Florida, in Zone 9.  I'd like to be involved. I'd love anything heirloom and have been looking for heirloom tomatoes, peppers, and old fashioned flowers.  I have some lovely morning glory seeds.

I have lot's of different pepper seeds. not perrenial here in NYC but i am usually able to over-winter a few of the plants and they dry really well for enjoyment throughout the season. i would be happy to trade for anything that is perrenial in my zone (6b/ 7a) thanks!

p.s.  no strawberry's please.

I'd love to swap seeds. I have Tomatoes, Squashes, Beans, herbs, greens, Flowers, ect. all heirlooms. I am hoping to find unusual grains, herbs, flowers and forage plants. I live in Southern Missouri, zone 6b
OK - I'm in!  I too have extra seeds that I've purchased.... and for that matter, I don'treally need much in the way of seeds... but I'm willing to share.  How does this work?

I'd like to join in too. I live in zone 3-a, I'll check what I have to trade  and come back with my list! Hope to have a small somewhat homemade green house this year, would be fun to eat tomatos sunripe for a change!!! lolll

Just wanted to update my list of seeds, I live in zone 9 or 8 I believe, My sowing dates started back in (anuary and go to first weeks of March, if I am not mistaken...since this is my 1st year doing a garden I don't have heirlooms but I got this seeds left to trade: melons (honey dew and cantaloupe mixed), red hot peppers, cumin, dill, and soon I will get some black prince tomatoes.
I also have a blog it s my garden s journal and also where I posted my seed swap experience,
You can check it if you d like

www.howisitincalifornia.blogspot.com
Andrea: Maybe you and I need to swap now.  I've been planting seeds for a month.  We're so lucky here in California...don't usually have to wait for the snow to melt.   I have some winter and summer squash, carrots, celery, celeriac, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin,  lettuce, onion, collards, fava beens, tunips and radish.  Most were saved by me.  I have some SAKATA hybrid test seeds...these have been treated with fugicide to prevent damping off...not organic.  I will only send what you ask for.  If you don't see something on my list, just ask I may have it (I don't have many tomatoes...I had a crop failure last year and didn't get to save any).
Andrea J said:

Andrea J said:
Just wanted to update my list of seeds, I live in zone 9 or 8 I believe, My sowing dates started back in (anuary and go to first weeks of March, if I am not mistaken...since this is my 1st year doing a garden I don't have heirlooms but I got this seeds left to trade: melons (honey dew and cantaloupe mixed), red hot peppers, cumin, dill, and soon I will get some black prince tomatoes.
I also have a blog it s my garden s journal and also where I posted my seed swap experience,
You can check it if you d like

www.howisitincalifornia.blogspot.com
I would like to join in too. I am in Indiana zone 5.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library