3 cups mixed garden tomatoes (mix in orange tomatoes if available), roughly chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked
3/4 cup soak water (from SD tomatoes)
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 small clove garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
1/16 teaspoon smoked paprika (really makes a difference)
1 pinch cayenne
1/8 teaspoon sea salt (eliminate if SD tomatoes are salty)
Hot Red Pepper Sauce
2 Tablespspoons leftover soup (from sides of blender)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper
1 red chili pepper, chopped
add more oil (or water) if needed to blend
Directions for Soup:
1. Blend tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and 1/2 soak water. Add more soak water as needed.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
3. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
4. Pour into bowl, leaving about 2 T of soup in blender
Directions for Hot Red Pepper Sauce:
1. Scrape down remains of soup into blender and add ingredients.
1. Pour soup into individual bowls.
2. Drizzle a small amount of Hot Red Pepper Sauce over soup
3. Garnish with sliced avocado, red onion and fresh basil or cilantro.
3. Add fresh cracked pepper and serve.