HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

After summer of delicious veggies from my CSA, I confess that at the end of every week there are a handful of kind of soft, neglected veggies. I try hard to come up with creative ways to use them but I might have used up the last of my old veggie nine lives last week. I pureed five little pattipans, a handful of Asian eggplants, and some basil and tossed the whole mess into pancake batter (1 c flour, 1 c milk, 4 Tbs melted butter). It was super tasty - definitely something to add to some kind of semi-permanent recipe rotation. But what to do next week? Anyone have any genius ideas about what to do with the veggies at the back of the drawer for this week?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

shredthem in your food processor ad a couple of eggs from the coop and some herbs from the garden pan fry.......or throw them into the dehydrator then in a canning jar for a stew mix
Almost any veggie can be diced and sauteed and added to some brown rice, quinoa, or wheat berries. Top with a little feta and maybe some fresh herbs and you're golden!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library