HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I've recently acquired an interest in herbal medicine. I've picked up a few good books and made a small order of medicinal herb seeds, so I'm on my way! That said, can someone direct me to a reliable and reputable herbal medicine supply store? I will be needing glass bottles, strainers, tea balls etc as I have no supplies yet! Thank You!

Tags: healing, health, herbal, herbs, medicine, natural

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

Herbs are my business :)
bottles check here http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp
nice herb place mountain rose herbs
if you have an Asian market in your area you may find some great strainers and tea supplies.
I find if you go to just one place you will be overcharged for the things they don’t “specialize” in . Good luck on you herbal journey :)
Lizz
Thanks so much!

Lizz said:
Herbs are my business :)
bottles check here http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp
nice herb place mountain rose herbs
if you have an Asian market in your area you may find some great strainers and tea supplies.
I find if you go to just one place you will be overcharged for the things they don’t “specialize” in . Good luck on you herbal journey :)
Lizz
Mountain Rose Herbs is a good company to order your supplies from. Some books you might look into are Herbal Medicine by Simon y. Mills, The Herb Book by John lust, and Folk Medicine by D.C. Jarvis (this one that made a big impact on me).
I belong to an herb group near my town. We've got access to the Frontier catalog, which is great for a lot of things. Maybe you could start a co-op, or find one to join. The savings are huge over the store prices.
Also, for the biggest selection of herbs and all related plants, seeds and tons of information, i would suggest trying Horizon Herbs(.com) They are WONDERFUL! The owner, Richo Chech, also sells a fabulous plant medicine book that can't be beat. It tells how to make tinctures, teas, oils, salves and a number of other things.(No, i'm not getting a piece of the pie for recommending this company; it's just that good!)Best wishes!
D.
Yes, I am! Have just recently regained my interest....as I will be moving out of my parental home and into my own soonish. Maybe it's the housewife in me :P
Yes, I've also recently gained and interest on herbalism. I love herbmentor.com and learningherbs.com. I bought a bunch of stuff off of mountain rose herbs.

Recently I made a batch of healing herbal salve and I'm working on an Echinacea tincture.

Here are some pics

Oh yes! I have an interest in herbal medicine too. Books that I enjoy are Be Your Own "Doctor" by Rachel Weaver and anything by Shosanna Easling.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library