HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Aliza Ess's Discussions (77)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"Yay! Mason jars are the best for so many things. Sounds like everyone already gave y…"

Aliza Ess replied Mar 9, 2012 to I'm a newbie!

16 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Gabriela

"I like to save the jars with the bottom busted out for use as votive candle shields!"

Aliza Ess replied Dec 13, 2011 to

just now

"Thanks Pat! The feedback helps :)"

Aliza Ess replied Sep 9, 2011 to Unorthodox Canning Method: starting with cold jars?

8 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by Pat Johnson

"There was no way I was going to re-pack all those okra and peppers.. ended up just b…"

Aliza Ess replied Sep 9, 2011 to Unorthodox Canning Method: starting with cold jars?

8 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by Pat Johnson

"Thanks Rachel! Haha, yeah I've definitely made the mistake of putting jars that were…"

Aliza Ess replied Sep 8, 2011 to Unorthodox Canning Method: starting with cold jars?

8 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by Pat Johnson

"You can collect the dried seeds for cooking or tea (many people even used to chew dr…"

Aliza Ess replied Aug 16, 2011 to So much fennel

4 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Lauren Mae Spiker Cook

"Aw, sorry to disappoint a bit everyone, but in the interested of time I quickly boil…"

Aliza Ess replied Jul 25, 2011 to Roasting peaches instead of boiling before canning?

6 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by Aliza Ess

"Thanks for the advice Pat! I think roasting the peaches will probably make the skin…"

Aliza Ess replied Jul 20, 2011 to Roasting peaches instead of boiling before canning?

6 Jul 25, 2011
Reply by Aliza Ess

"I've heard that jams can take up to a week to set up sometimes...  although I think…"

Aliza Ess replied Jun 3, 2011 to Tried to move this not sure if I have it in the right place now.

10 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by Pat Johnson

"I have also heard that jellies with pectin sometimes take up to two weeks to set. So…"

Aliza Ess replied Sep 7, 2010 to Newbie Canners with Questions!

6 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by crystal tompkins

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library