HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

It's that crazy time of year all ready. Anyone else having a hard time holding back the want to drop seeds in the soil, or have you given in?

I just picked up my taters from FedCo yesterday and I am itching! :-D

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Tasha: What kind of potatoes are you planting?

I planted some peas and carrots last week because the soil was loose and not too wet.  Checked yesterday and they are plumping but not sprouted yet.  Starting to see dandelions almost ready for harvest.  Started digging the parsnips last week.  I love spring!!!

We're doing Kennebecs and German Butter Balls for our winter keepers as they grew amazing in our clay-heavy soil. We're also trying Rose Golds and Rose Finn Apples this year as well. We're trying to work up to having six to eight different types over the next few years. We just want to make sure they'll work with out soil

Jennifer said:

Tasha: What kind of potatoes are you planting?

Barbara - I just got the first batch of peas (Corals and Green Arrows) and carrots (Tonda, Atomic Red, and Danvers)  in last week. Today I planted the drying beans (Ireland Creek Annes), the last of my corals, some Donkey Spinach, and a batch of purple top radishes. I'm SO excites! :-D

barbara Russell said:

I planted some peas and carrots last week because the soil was loose and not too wet.  Checked yesterday and they are plumping but not sprouted yet.  Starting to see dandelions almost ready for harvest.  Started digging the parsnips last week.  I love spring!!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• IMG_0071

IMG_0071

• IMG_0068

IMG_0068

• Add Photos