HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Does anyone want some free kefir grains? I have a whole bunch, and I'm giving them away free.

Views: 1810

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh, that's a nice offer, Lisa. I've only had the milk-based kefir - but I'm not drinking much dairy lately. Have you ever added it soy, oat, rice, or hemp milk? What are the best uses for kefir grains?
These are for culturing milk. Kefir grains are a super simple way to make a kind of yogurt. It's a bit more liquidy and tart than conventional yogurt, but it's chock full of probiotic goodness and great in smoothies and on Indian food.

Cornelia said:
Ooh, that's a nice offer, Lisa. I've only had the milk-based kefir - but I'm not drinking much dairy lately. Have you ever added it soy, oat, rice, or hemp milk? What are the best uses for kefir grains?
hi lisa
i would love some kefir grains if you still have some. what was your source, if you don't mind my asking. Josephine Curtis
Hi Josephine. I'm going out of town today until Tuesday, but I could pass some on to you next week. I got the first batch from ebay and then they just grew.

josephine curtis said:
hi lisa
i would love some kefir grains if you still have some. what was your source, if you don't mind my asking. Josephine Curtis
wow lisa, that sounds great! i am so excited! thank you. will contact you on tues for possible pick-up on wed.! how does that sound? josephine curtis

Lisa said:
Hi Josephine. I'm going out of town today until Tuesday, but I could pass some on to you next week. I got the first batch from ebay and then they just grew.

josephine curtis said:
hi lisa
hi lisa,
i think that i already scored some grains over the weekend from a guy who works at whole foods. he is testing them for me as we speak! hope that you had a nice weekend! josephine
Maybe? How hard is it to work with them??
Hi Lisa,
I am a new member and am looking for some kefir grains. If you or anyone has some available for sharing, I would really appreciate it. I can be in Inman Square on most weekdays in the morning. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Sarah
Hi
Was wondering how I can get some KEFIR grains. I have never tried it but was told by a friend that it works for leaky gut. I am trying to find our more about the whole process online. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
I would love some free kefir grains, Lisa. I just learned how to sprout grains and my next challenge is to begin fermenting kefir. Thank you. Marilyn
Hi everyone. Sorry to tell you but my grains are long gone...

Best,
Lisa
I can see that folks are landing on this page looking for free kefir grains, so I wanted to add this resource: Free Kefir grains directory
http://www.torontoadvisors.com/Kefir/kefir-list.php

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library