HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

rachel whetzel's Discussions (129)

Discussions Replied To (50) Replies Latest Activity

"Is she not leaving her "nest" area? I have an older hen that has never gone broody b…"

rachel whetzel replied Aug 15, 2011 to Sick Hen need help

13 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by cheryl

"Lynn, you might be interested in this article... it's basically using rooster behavi…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 22, 2011 to Lavender Orpingtons...

10 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"Jenna, with the exception of my 2 golden sexlinks, my RIR and Barred Rock, all of my…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 21, 2011 to "Getting Started With Chickens" A Q&A with beloved author of "Chick Days", Jenna Woginrich

22 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"lol YES!! I've heard that about hens without roosters too!! Silly girls. Unfortunate…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 21, 2011 to "Getting Started With Chickens" A Q&A with beloved author of "Chick Days", Jenna Woginrich

22 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"Less heat is better than too much. Chickens do well in cool temps, but can't regulat…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 20, 2011 to "Getting Started With Chickens" A Q&A with beloved author of "Chick Days", Jenna Woginrich

22 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"Variety. That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion!"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 20, 2011 to Lavender Orpingtons...

10 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"Well, Thank you, Kevin!! I'm up for chicken talk ANY time!! There is also more in th…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 20, 2011 to "Getting Started With Chickens" A Q&A with beloved author of "Chick Days", Jenna Woginrich

22 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"They are pretty rare I think. I relatively new breed in the world of chickens. Prett…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 20, 2011 to Lavender Orpingtons...

10 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"The dots don't even have to be red!! I did this with just a brown pen and it kept th…"

rachel whetzel replied Apr 15, 2011 to "Getting Started With Chickens" A Q&A with beloved author of "Chick Days", Jenna Woginrich

22 Apr 23, 2011
Reply by Jodie Westwood

"You might find this article helpful. It explains how to deal with aggressive Rooster…"

rachel whetzel replied Feb 26, 2011 to Rooster behavior

14 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Tink Baker

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by