HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

rachel whetzel's Discussions (129)

Discussions Replied To (50) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Joe!! I'll do my best to give you some answers. :)  Storage: I store my eggs in t…"

rachel whetzel replied Mar 3 to HOMEGROWN Eggs vs Store Bought

4 Mar 7
Reply by Joe Klinkhoff

"Hmmm I don't know! My area isn't that big... but I do have a couple places where the…"

rachel whetzel replied Oct 17, 2013 to Why am I not getting my egg count that I feel I should be?

4 Oct 17, 2013
Reply by rachel whetzel

"Where do you live? Where I live, the shorter days really REALLY impact my hen's lay…"

rachel whetzel replied Oct 15, 2013 to Why am I not getting my egg count that I feel I should be?

4 Oct 17, 2013
Reply by rachel whetzel

"My chickens don't like small boxes. When I got started, they used the ground over sm…"

rachel whetzel replied Jul 2, 2013 to Egg Laying Cycles Question.

6 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Carrie Seal-Stahl

"They may also be laying outside. Try putting a golf ball in one of the nests. This w…"

rachel whetzel replied Jul 2, 2013 to Egg Laying Cycles Question.

6 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Carrie Seal-Stahl

"While they are still young, you will most likely not see much more aggression, but t…"

rachel whetzel replied May 21, 2013 to Advice needed. I"m not sure what I should do or if I should do anything?

6 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Cindy

"You definitely have too many roosters for the number of hens that you have. Getting…"

rachel whetzel replied May 15, 2013 to Advice needed. I"m not sure what I should do or if I should do anything?

6 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Cindy

"I agree. Buy chicks, let a hen set on a clutch later."

rachel whetzel replied Feb 4, 2013 to Should I buy live baby chicks or hatchery eggs to incubate?

6 Mar 4, 2013
Reply by Tabitha Gollihugh

"Congratulations on your chickens!! Hay or shavings are up to you!! I use hay, becaus…"

rachel whetzel replied Oct 8, 2012 to Bedding

6 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Ellen Peavey

"I'm not personally familiar with guineas, but I do think that they need pretty much…"

rachel whetzel replied Jul 9, 2012 to guinea babies - help!

1 Jul 9, 2012
Reply by rachel whetzel

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library