HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I'm from Pensacola, Florabama. Do I qualify as an Alabama Homegrown? Are there any Homegrowners near me?

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in Lillian.

I'm giving a canning class on January 22nd at Ever'man Natural Foods on Garden Street right here in downtown Pensacola. Wanna come? I'd love to network and share with other Homegrown-minded folks. I'd be interested to find out what common interests we might have. A few of my interests are listed below.

• I do a lot of canning (mostly meats, meals, soups and other convenince foods)
  • I make my own link sausage (Brats, italian, boudan, Chirizo......)
  • I make my own Corned Beef & Pastrami
  • I like pickling
  • I brew beer, make wine....
  • I build small boats
  • I have a small raised be garden
  • I like to cook

Pat Johnson 850-261-9218

Charlene Taylor said:

I'm in Lillian.

I don't can but would like to learn how.  (I've done it in the past, but have forgotten how.)

What time is your class on the 22nd?  I would like to come and meet you.  I recently

started raising chickens and we are wanting to learn to be more self-reliant.  A small

garden is in the plans for this summer.  I look forward to hearing from you.

The class starts at 1:00pm and goes till about 3:30. The wesite is http://www.everman.org/events/ and you can fine the address and a decription of the class under the events tab. I know a little about chickens, we had 2000 of em when I was young and I've had some backyard chickens off & on over the years. Good source of eggs & Chicken meat.  My wife Debbie & I live downtown Pensacola and are Fun-Employed so we have time to give back to the community in ways like giving the canning class.

Pat Johnson 850-261-9218

Charlene Taylor said:

I don't can but would like to learn how.  (I've done it in the past, but have forgotten how.)

What time is your class on the 22nd?  I would like to come and meet you.  I recently

started raising chickens and we are wanting to learn to be more self-reliant.  A small

garden is in the plans for this summer.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am in Locust Fork!

Hi Michael,

I live in Pensacola, FL. I was hoping to get some local Florida folks (I included  Alabama since it was so close to Pensacola)  together in an informal group to share information and may occasionally meet for group canning, sausgae making, gardening events. Last weekend I hosted a sausage making event where we made fresh link sausage. Last month I gave the canning class at the local Natural foods store. I am planning 2 more canning classes this year plus an organic beer making class (all at the local natural Foods store in downtown Pensacola).

I'm in mobile, al. new to the urban gardening/homesteading movement

If you're ever coming to Pensacola give me a call or an email. The Pensacola Can Can Club meets about once or twice a month to can anything and everything. Here is a link to the Facebook Page.

Pat Johnson

850-261-9218

pat@pensacolaboatworks.com

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library