HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Cornelia, Did you mean to post the answer or just start a discussion? I didn't see any instructions or tips. I don't know a lot about egg peeling but I've heard old eggs are eaisier to peel than fresh ones and that taking them from hot water to very cold water makes it eisier too. I am interested in anything that makes it eisier because I occasionally do a batch of pickled eggs and like them to be "pretty" in the jar instead of having big chunks missing from the peeling.
Hi Pat - sorry I missed this earlier in the month! It's easy to miss, but there's a link above to a cooking blog called The Slow Cook: http://theslowcook.blogspot.com/2009/04/hardboiled-eggs.html

Pat Johnson said:
Cornelia, Did you mean to post the answer or just start a discussion? I didn't see any instructions or tips. I don't know a lot about egg peeling but I've heard old eggs are eaisier to peel than fresh ones and that taking them from hot water to very cold water makes it eisier too. I am interested in anything that makes it eisier because I occasionally do a batch of pickled eggs and like them to be "pretty" in the jar instead of having big chunks missing from the peeling.
Thanks Cornelia. The process on the blog sounds pretty easy and well worth the try. I'm gonna do some and will let you know how it turns out.
Real fresh eggs, like right out of the chicken coop fresh are really easy to hard boil if you add a whole cup of salt to your boiling water. Then cool the eggs and the shell and inner membrain should slip right off the egg.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library