HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Many of the leaves of my tomato plants have started turning yellowish/black/brown and seem like there is little/no water content in the leaves. It is happening on all different kinds (sungolds, brandywine, romas). I still have fruit on some of the plants so I'm wondering if it is a fungi or if they need something like nitrogen. We've been watering regularly...from the bottom, not on the leaves. Any help would be appreciated.

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm by no means an expert, but that's happened on some of ours too, yet the fruit is still good -- I guess I just assumed that the plants were shunting all their resources to the fruit, and letting the leaves go. Could that be?
That sounds as logical as anything I've heard :) Its my first year growing a lot of stuff, so I'm wondering if I'm doing even half of it right. Now, I just have to keep the squirrels away from the second tomato crop...I'm hoping the red pepper flakes will do the trick!

JoyfulC said:
I'm by no means an expert, but that's happened on some of ours too, yet the fruit is still good -- I guess I just assumed that the plants were shunting all their resources to the fruit, and letting the leaves go. Could that be?
I think that is late blight, not to be confused with early blight which we had. If you go to johnnyseeds.com, they have great info on this.
I asked the same thing a while back about my blossom end rot. I pulled off the green fruits and they're ripening now, but the plants went the way of the chopper.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library