HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Propagating is a super cheap way of building your garden. With a few simple tools, some humidity and time, you can have a bunch of young plants!

Sage and rosemary are two edible plants that can be propagated using cuttings from a mature plant.

How to Grow Cuttings from Established Plants- a comprehensive WikiHow article, which includes a list of plants that grow well from cuttings.

Here are a few instructional videos that describe the process for rooting various plants, herbs and flowering shrubs. Don't be intimidated by the uber nerdiness of the first video, there are some great tips in it. Because you're working with cuttings from your larger plants - or even nicer, from a generous friend or neighbor - what do you have to lose?

A quick and no-nonsense tutorial from dahyuhn undahhh.

Tags: frugal, gardening, hard, hormone, rooting, soft, wood

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for this. I have no problem propagating soft wood plants but have yet to master the art of hardwood cuttings.

Glad to hear it! Please let us know how it goes and if the 101 can be improved. Good luck!

Omega Farms said:

Thank you for this. I have no problem propagating soft wood plants but have yet to master the art of hardwood cuttings.

Love this, thank you!  Answers a few questions I had. :)

Susan (http://fredsinthehead.blogspot.com)

Thanks for this! Very helpful.

Thanks for the  information:)  I found the list of plants that can be propagated very helpful, as I never know which ones to try to root!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library