The seedball is one way to show that you love those neglected parts of town, too.
Native, non-invasive, preferably organic seeds (wildflowers, herbs, edibles)
non-chemical brown or red clay (available at pottery supply houses,
down by the rivers in the Southwest, and at some garden centers)
- Mix two parts mixed seeds with three parts compost.
- Add five parts clay powder.
- Add enough water to make the mixture the consistency of dough (play-, bread-, pizza-)
- Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll between your palms to create ping-pong ball-sized spheres. You can go smaller if you have the attention span / time / handpower.
- Spread the balls out on newspaper in a shady spot to dry.
- Tell your friends that you made chocolate truffles and see if they fall for it.
- No, not really. Don't let your friends eat them.
The attached pictures are from the pages of The Guerilla Art Kit
. Share these and have a seedball-making get together!