HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

OK, let's get organized in here! I've got pints of apple butter and dilly beans - who wants to swap what they've got? I'd love some dill pickles, or some kind of fruit preserves - cherry jam! Whatcha got?

**11/13 Update** Aliza and I have come up with an idea: Whomever would like to join in a swap for the holidays should comment here. In a few weeks, on, let's say, December 7th people will be randomly assigned a swapping "partner". You will then exchange addresses privately and send each other a box of preserved goodies.
So far, we have the following swappers:
Aliza
Torry
Megan
Cornelia
Jessica White
Rachel Fowler
Adriana
Magpie Ima
John C. Scott
Emily Soulliere
Janice Kubo
Janis Freeman
Maria Jett
Blue Sandefur
Steve Racz
Cyndi
Mo
Cindy Whittaker Putnam
Chef Edmund Patrick/aka Hobokeneddie
Ellen C
Sharon
Charles Hudson
Kim Bennett
Carolyn

I'll update this list as people leave their comment. Fun!

Tags: fall, preserving, swap

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

i am eddie from hobokeneddies.com i have a very hot pepper sauce made from my garden called homegrown, it's unbelievable EDDIE, WOULD LOVE TO SWAP,I MAKE ALL MY SAUCES PERSONALY, CHECK OUT WEBSITE
I'd like to join. I have homemade jams & relishes and I make homemade bath & body products or I make an awesome maple walnut fudge.
I have handmade baskets, dried flower art, seeds ,plants ,jellys and love bartering . You can visit my listing on www.localharvest.org/farms/M6681 to see photos . :)Sharon
Please add me to the holiday swap. I have smoked tomato jam and trout jerky. Both produced in a small commercial kitchen. The trout are are sustainably raised on a commercial aquaculture operation in the mountains of Western North Carolina and the tomatoes are from a farm 5 miles from the trout farm. Thank you, I look forward to some fun surprises from this swap.
OK, here are the matchups! I'll send each of you a HG mail as well just to confirm. It is now up to you to exchange addresses and decide if you'd like to have the element of surprise in your swap, or if you'd like to discuss what each of you have. Happy swapping!!

My methods: I assigned every participant a number based on time of signup (the last two people being the exception - Kim commented in the main section, and Carolyn told me she wanted to participate in person). I then created a random number sequence between 13 and 24 (the second half of the group) and assigned those numbers to the numeric sequence of the first half. If that doesn't make sense, or if I did it wrong, please let me know.
Yay! Swap is on!
So... what do I do if I've contacted my partner for her info & she hasn't responded?
Hi Ellen,
I pinged your partner through her blog. Let me know if you don't hear from her in the next few days.

Ellen C said:
So... what do I do if I've contacted my partner for her info & she hasn't responded?
me too, I tried to add my trading partner as a friend to get the conversation started, but no response yet. sorry for the hassle...
OK, I've emailed her, too. Let me know if you don't hear from her by Wednesday and we'll pair you up with someone else.

Janice Kubo said:
me too, I tried to add my trading partner as a friend to get the conversation started, but no response yet. sorry for the hassle...
Me too. Just sent you a message about it Cornelia. Glad to see other folks are still interested, and we can get matched up with each other!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library