HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Here's a swap that any adventurous HOMEGROWNer can appreciate. Sign up here to be partnered up with another person who wants to swap seeds. It will be up to each person to specify their growing zone, so we don't get anything that's impossible to grow in our region (ie: I don't think okra grows very well in VT...?)
Flower, fruit and vegetable seeds welcome! Any growing information - full sun, grows well in containers, trellising, etc. - is greatly appreciated with your swap, too.

Swap partners will be assigned Friday Feb. 19th by 5pm ET
If you don't hear from your assigned partner by Tuesday Feb.23rd at 5pm ET, let me know and I'll re-assign you (and that unresponsive swapper will be eliminated from the next two swaps).

Enjoy!!

OK, here are the swapping partners. Your partner is on the same line as your name:

Cornelia Rachel Levi
Ellen_C Torry
Jeff Pinkston Cindy LeVasseur

Cynthia R Michelle Maury
Iain G. Reid Peggy Robinson
Mountain Mama Katherine

Michael Melody Gould

So, I would suggest that you talk amongst yourselves about what you've got to share and agree on a matching number of varieties / seeds to share. I'd say 3-5 would be ideal. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, and - especially - if you haven't corresponded with your partner by the end of the day on Tuesday Feb. 23rd.

Tags: barter, seed, swap

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

is there still room? i saw your post on Facebook an hour ago.
I would like to join the seed swap.
Yes! Cindy, you're lucky #14. Now we can swap! Stay tuned for your assigned partner and let me know if you do not hear from your partner by Tuesday Feb 23rd.

Cindy LeVasseur said:
Hi all, I'm in zone 5 (northern Massachusetts). I have fantastic cantaloupe seeds, plus a few other veggies to swap. All organic.
Thanks!

Cornelia said:
Yes! Cindy, you're lucky #14. Now we can swap! Stay tuned for your assigned partner and let me know if you do not hear from your partner by Tuesday Feb 23rd.

Cindy LeVasseur said:
jeff,
Hi, looks like I'm your seed swap partner. I'll see what I have for zone 9a. That will be a big change in climate if you're used to 6b. I am in a little pocket of 6, surrounded by 5 near Lake Huron in Michigan. It's mostly clay here with some sun and more shade every year as the trees grow. I'll be in touch. I need to learn how this site works a bit more.

Cindy
Has anyone NOT heard from their swapping partner? Michael never heard back from Melody and is looking to share seeds - good stuff, too!!
Hope the seed swap was a success for everyone...I know I'm going to be enjoying a real variety of things, thanks to EllenC! I think this barter was y'alls best idea yet, if anything for the low postage costs. Any one have any thoughts on what the next barter should be?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library