HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I'd love to share some of my noteworthy experiences here on HG, but I already have a blog.  Is there a way to import from my wordpress blog to my member's blog on here?  Some folks import there blog posts to twitter, facebook and such.  Can it be done on HG?

Rich in MN

www.CoyoteRidgeFarms.com/blog

Tags: blog, import, wordpress

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rich,

Yes! There is!

Start by clicking "add a blog" under the member blog section in HOMEGROWN. Click to the tab that says "html editor".

Then, in the back end of Wordpress, go to the html tab of your post (there should be a "visual" and an "html" tab), select all of the content, copy it and paste it into a new HOMEGROWN blog "html editor" page.

Add a title and press publish!

You can also schedule posts to publish in the future, add tags (very helpful) and re-edit your post once it's up.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for joining the herd!

Cornelia

I guess I was wondering if it could be done automatically.  Like maybe through the rss feed or something.  Nonetheless, I will consider manually doing it.  Thanks.

Rich

Cornelia said:

Hi Rich,

Yes! There is!

Start by clicking "add a blog" under the member blog section in HOMEGROWN. Click to the tab that says "html editor".

Then, in the back end of Wordpress, go to the html tab of your post (there should be a "visual" and an "html" tab), select all of the content, copy it and paste it into a new HOMEGROWN blog "html editor" page.

Add a title and press publish!

You can also schedule posts to publish in the future, add tags (very helpful) and re-edit your post once it's up.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for joining the herd!

Rich, you can automatically do that on your personal page (aka the tab that says MY PAGE) Find the widget on  your page that says RSS +RSS and click that. Once you're there, use the feed RSS that readers of your blog would use to subscribe to your blog's feed. Once you've saved it, your blog posts will show on your personal page as a feed.
thanks rachel

Yep, already did that sometime ago... I was just hoping a have it bit more formal. Until HG can get a programmer that can figure it out without compromising the security of the site, I will just have to manually add a blog entry from time to time.

thanks for trying to help.
HG uses the ning platform, so until ning can get something like that, I don't think you'll have any other options. Have fun!

Coyote Ridge Farms said:
thanks rachel

Yep, already did that sometime ago... I was just hoping a have it bit more formal. Until HG can get a programmer that can figure it out without compromising the security of the site, I will just have to manually add a blog entry from time to time.

thanks for trying to help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library