HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

I liked how the seed swap went last year.  Seeds are a little friendlier to mail out to the far reaches of the world.  I've got several heirloom vegetables and fruits stratifying in the freezer right now, and they'll be ready to hit the post office, hmm let's say, February?  Who's in? - just comment on this discussion and we'll arrange traders.  Please add your hardiness zone too.

Torry

Views: 404

Replies to This Discussion

Count me in!  I'm in NC (Zone 7/8, but can grow just about anything).
This sounds great! Count me in. I'm always up for new and exciting things. I live in Southeastern Indiana literally right on the line of zones 5b and 6a.

I'd love to be a part of this, but not quite sure what all I have.  Most are decendents from store bought (from a friends shop, so no GMO)  Plus, germination rate might be a hair low on mine, I store them well, but its been 2-3 years.  I had been displaced from my small farm and extremely excited for this spring.  I've got some tomato seeds from a plant that grew out of my compost.  Produced for well over 6 months, barely ever watered it, barely even pruned/picked, and every time I stopped by I had handfuls.  I might be able to grab some seeds from the organic farm I lived on this summer, most stuff grew in 6b.  Also, to anybody that may be willing to get rid of some cuttings in the western half of NC, I might be getting a late start and it would be helpful.

As far as zones go, I am on the line of 7a-7b on most maps.

I'm in!  Zone 8a/b.

We would like to get in - we have numerous seeds to contribute -

New Urban Farmers...
Torry said:

On the question of how this works, well, what we did last year was everyone interested leave a comment, and at a set date (let's do February 28th) we will assign swappers in the comment field.  After that, contact your partner via Homegrown email and exchange addresses.  You are welcome to share lists of what you have (to avoid duplication or the importation of exotic invasive species).  We will make all efforts to get partners that are in close hardiness zones.  It's that easy!

Hello Everybody! I just joined homegrown.org, and as Lynda Reynolds I am from Northern California, I am new in Cali,   I am also recently married, me and my hubby bought a house with a huge backyard, and I am very excited to start a garden, unfortunately I dont have many seeds, but I would love to seed swap. I only have these seeds: melon, red chilli peppers and butternut squash.

I would love to seed swap as I said before with anybody,  maybe specially with Lynda,since we are in the same area.

thanks

thank you so much!

Lynda Reynolds said:

I'm in Zone 9 in Northern California.  I have plenty of saved seeds to share.   I have heirlooms (squash, pumpkins, melons, celery, onions, leeks, etc.) and hybrids (brocoli, cauliflower, cabbage, collards and squash)...let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I have.

Hello! I am totally new in this forum, I live  in zone 9, Northern Cali, I would love to seed swap, plz dont let me out! I dont have uch variety, but having my own garden is my dream. I am not sure where to begin to plant in this zone and I am interested in any kind of vegetable.

thanks so much

Id love to be in the program but this is my first yr gardening at home will have some seeds to swap next yr .. have found many heirloom seeds that should be here any day on order from  "seed savers exchange " catalog. as well as some  hokkaido black watermelon seeds  that a friend sent from Japan to try this spring.   Seattle Wa  zone 8 or 9 i think
Fred: I have more than enough seeds to share especially with a first year gardener...

fred walsh said:
Id love to be in the program but this is my first yr gardening at home will have some seeds to swap next yr .. have found many heirloom seeds that should be here any day on order from  "seed savers exchange " catalog. as well as some  hokkaido black watermelon seeds  that a friend sent from Japan to try this spring.   Seattle Wa  zone 8 or 9 i think
is there any way to delete post, I posted twice accidentaly
Hi AJ - which one would you like deleted? The first one or the second one? :)

A.J said:
any , both say the same
:)

Cornelia said:
Hi AJ - which one would you like deleted? The first one or the second one? :)

A.J said:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service