HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'seeds' (11)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Seed Starting 101

When it comes to growing your own food, there’s only one thing more satisfying than seeing your plants go from wily seedling to ripe, juicy…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

5 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by Jennifer

Selecting Seeds 101 (Seed Catalogs, What to Plant, Seed Testing and Viability, Seed Saving)

Nothing sweeps away the doldrums of deep midwinter like flipping through a seed catalog: The colors! The flowers! Living things to eat! But…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

4 Jan 29, 2013
Reply by Marianne Smith

Heirloom versus organic seeds

Help please: Looking at seed catalogues and there is something I can't figure out: heirloom seeds are not necessarily organic, right?  Is…

Started by Sarah K.

1 Oct 25, 2012
Reply by Rachel Hoff

Heirloom Seeds...

Traditionally we've always just gone up to Wal-mart or Home Depot to buy seeds (generally Burpee), but the more I read about some of Monsan…

Started by Carrie Seal-Stahl

39 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by Kristen E. Wanczyk

Growing Sprouts 101

Edible sprouts are nuggets of nutrient gold! These guys come packed with proteins, digestible energy, amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, miner…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Carol J. Alexander

Seeking an Organic Chia Seed source

I'm looking for a dependable, ongoing source for Organic Chia Seeds in bulk.  Any recommendations?   Thank You!!!  : )

Started by Jacquelyn Richey

1 May 28, 2011
Reply by Lily

Luffa!

Did you know you can grow it???   I am looking for roundish luffa.  Does anyone seeds for it?  I can't find it on commerical sites, and kno…

Started by michelle maury

6 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Kris Boggs

Is it too hot to plant Fall Seeds? (carrots, turnips & beets?)

So we were going to plant some fall seeds today including carrots (Atomic Red, Tonda di Pargi and some other type), Bull's Blood beets and…

Started by Stacey

6 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by linda Kramer

Save those seeds!! Report: Out of Hand: Farmers Face the Consequences of a Consolidated Seed Industry

American farmers are feeling the effects of a concentrated seed industry. Seed options are diminishing while prices increase at historic ra…

Started by Cornelia

2 Dec 28, 2009
Reply by Rachel Hoff

Okra seeds and proper propogation

Ed Bruske at The Slow Cook had little success with his okra seeds last year - any idea why? I'd be curious to hear what may have been the i…

Started by Cornelia

1 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Karen King

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library