HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'seed' (8)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Seed catalogs are in! What are you planning?

I've received the  Johnny's, High Mowing Organic and Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Catalogs and just beginning to dive into planning my urban g…

Started by Cornelia

38 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Allen Frost

Tomato varieties: What are you growing?

I'm just itching to start my tomato seeds, but know that waiting until 6-8 weeks before my optimal sowing date is best. Here is a blog post…

Started by Cornelia

5 Jun 21, 2012
Reply by William Mundy

Growing Peas 101

Peas for gardens of any size! We’ve got a couple of folks to thank for this 101 on growing peas. Up first: HOMEGROWN member and Pennsylvani…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Mar 23, 2012

D.I.Y. Design It Yourself

As a gift one year I received a deck of cards by D.I.Y. Design It Yourself - a unique book that includes instructions and inspiration for p…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Aug 31, 2011

Seed Library starting in Oakland, CA - Support Us! :)

We're starting a Seed Library amidst the concrete in Oakland, CA! Please visit our kickstarter site and watch our video...and help support…

Started by Keri Keifer

5 May 1, 2011
Reply by Kristie Nackord

Seed starting planners

Here are some tools to make your seedstarting schedule a bit easier to follow:   Start with Seed Starting Basics from Mother Earth News Joh…

Started by Cornelia

4 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Suzanna Coyle

Garden Problems

The last two years I have tried to grow pumpkins from seed. I planted the seeds, they sprouted and looked great, beautiful leaves, lots of…

Started by Pat

5 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Carol

Old seeds, new seeds

We have some canari melon spouts coming up. They started peeking through the soil yesterday, and today are out even more. What is so COOL…

Started by thewhatleys

0 Apr 1, 2009

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library