HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'gardening' (23)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Raised Beds 101

The following 101, on gardening in raised beds, is a collective effort of the HOMEGROWN flock—this means you—and is very much a work in pro…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

14 Apr 29
Reply by Ellen Peavey

Container Gardening 101

The following 101, on container gardening, comes from a federal civil servant turned home brewer, food grower, and putter upper (not to men…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

11 Mar 15
Reply by David Nuttle

Composting with Bokashi - has anyone tried this?

What the heck? From Wikipedia: Bokashi is a method of intensive composting. It can use an aerobic or anaerobic inoculation to produce the c…

Started by Cornelia

5 Jan 29
Reply by tvanhorne

Saving Seeds

Hello everyone: My name is Mike and I live in Seymour, TN.  I am new to the site and hope to learn a lot and share what knoweldge I learn a…

Started by Mike Burchette

3 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by Mike Burchette

Soil Testing 101

The following 101, on soil testing, comes from Rachel, a HOMEGROWN Life blogger and a woman who knows a thing or two about growing. You can…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Lucy Goodman

Bucket Brigade 101 (aka Giveaway Bucket Gardens)

The following 101, on creating a Bucket Brigade, comes from a federal civil servant turned home brewer, food grower, putter upper, and HOME…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 May 7, 2013

Seed Starting 101

When it comes to growing your own food, there’s only one thing more satisfying than seeing your plants go from wily seedling to ripe, juicy…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

5 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by Jennifer

Propagating 101 - Growing From Cuttings

Propagating is a super cheap way of building your garden. With a few simple tools, some humidity and time, you can have a bunch of young pl…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

5 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by Kerry Anita

Transplanting / potting-up tomato seedlings: What's your method?

I'm happy to say that the seeds that we got last year from Baker Creek have germinated! We're looking at five fledgling white tomato plants…

Started by Cornelia

3 May 8, 2012
Reply by Cornelia

Composting 101

Curious about composting but not sure where to begin? Don't fret! Consider HOMEGROWN member Cornelia's early composting roots: "I have bee…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Mar 8, 2012

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library