HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'garden' (17)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Seed catalogs are in! What are you planning?

I've received the  Johnny's, High Mowing Organic and Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Catalogs and just beginning to dive into planning my urban g…

Started by Cornelia

38 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Allen Frost

Selecting Seeds 101 (Seed Catalogs, What to Plant, Seed Testing and Viability, Seed Saving)

Nothing sweeps away the doldrums of deep midwinter like flipping through a seed catalog: The colors! The flowers! Living things to eat! But…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

4 Jan 29, 2013
Reply by Marianne Smith

Garden Planning 101

Many thanks to HOMEGROWN member Stacey, and to everyone who contributed their 2 cents to this 101, for your thoughtful advice on garden pla…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

7 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by Marianne Smith

Hoop Houses 101

Looking to extend the life of your beds into the fall and winter? Hoping to grow produce year round, or protect your plantings from some of…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Oct 6, 2011
Reply by Carol Chiveral

Natural Pest Control 101

Controlling pests is a feat in itself, but to do so by natural means is downright difficult.  Defending your garden from an army of pests i…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

6 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by Michelle Haugdahl

Keeping mosquitoes out of a rain barrel

I just read about three interesting, non-chemical ways of keeping a rain barrel free of pesky critters: 1. Put a goldfish or two in the bar…

Started by Cornelia

7 Jul 12, 2011
Reply by Blue Lotus Farm

Straw Bale Gardens 101

Straw bale gardens are a simple alternative to raised beds. You can place them right on top of any poor soil you may have or - even bette…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

8 May 13, 2011
Reply by Ellen Peavey

Gardeners Block...

I've just moved into a place with a wonderfully large garden space.  It probably hasn't been used in 10 years, but is nicely fenced to keep…

Started by A Small Victory Garden

1 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by Paul Lueders

Hoop House (for under $30) 101

From HOMEGROWNer Andrew Odom After reading about the $50 greenhouse I quickly decided I needed to make one of my own. The summer season…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Erin Mitchell

Raised Bed Bottom & Fill?

We are planting our first raised bed this year for organic vegetables/herbs. I purchased a cedar kit from Natural Yards that is 4x4 and 16.…

Started by Stacey

7 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Cornelia

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library