HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'food' (19)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Immigrant Identities and Food

I facelifted this from Canning Across America, via the NYT   Immigrant Identities, Preserved in Vinegar   Thought is was a nice article on…

Started by Torry

1 Aug 9, 2011
Reply by Aliza Ess

When you think of local foods and healthy eating- how often do you include seafood?

Hey there farmers!  I'm up here in Maine and I live and work in a fishing community.  Our local seafood is sustainably caught and super yum…

Started by Lobsters on the Fly

9 Jun 25, 2011
Reply by Lobsters on the Fly

NYT: When Food Kills

In case you missed this op ed last weekend. Lots of people are talking about it. Apropos of some discussions going on in the Food Preserva…

Started by Cornelia

0 Jun 14, 2011

Food Fight! Kids + Food

While I'm not a parent and not a child, I throughly enjoy the lively discussion in the Earth Mamas and Papas group here on HG.org.  I think…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Zoubida Ayyadi

Preserving Lemons

Found a great article about preserving Lemons- If you have an abundance of lemons, or just like to stock up here is an easy great way to do…

Started by kristin clapper

0 Apr 1, 2011

Sprouts?

I bought a set of sprouting lids about a year ago and have been sprouting mung seeds and a salad mix every once in awhile since.  I never q…

Started by Tory

4 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by Aliza Ess

HOMEGROWN Food Tour Guide for touring bands

As part of the Resurrect The Potluck project that we're doing with touring bands, we ask people to list a number of restaurants/stores/cafe…

Started by Cornelia

13 Dec 26, 2010
Reply by Stacey

The US Social Forum in Detroit - stories and photos here.

Exciting stuff going on. Tom Philpott at Grist will be writing from Detroit, and I'll try to gather up other interesting tidbits from the h…

Started by Cornelia

1 Jun 24, 2010
Reply by Cornelia

Harvesting Angst

Just posted this to my personal blog, and wondered if anyone else felt the same... Liz

Started by Liz

4 Aug 31, 2009
Reply by Liz

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library