HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'food' (19)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Is homemade garlic infused oil dangerous?

Hi, I have a friend who makes wonderful garlic and herb-infused olive oil as gifts every year.  I've always enjoyed this gift and never got…

Started by Myrna Greenfield

4 May 31, 2013
Reply by Myrna Greenfield

Coffee Can Ice Cream 101

Talk about the power of suggestion: Nothing gets our mouths watering quite like the mention—or even just the idea—of ice cream. While there…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

2 Aug 28, 2012
Reply by Torry

Buying From Family Farmers 101: Find CSAs, Farmers Markets and More

We get asked often: "Is there a place to find CSAs and farmers markets in my area?" We're happy to answer: "Why, yes. Yes, there is!" From…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 May 4, 2012

Starting a Food Co-op 101

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! We're currently working on adding more resources to this 101. In the meantime, the manual below is a stellar place to d…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Mar 12, 2012

Food Films

Many of us have seen Food, Inc.  - a primer on food and farming issues - but there hundreds of films and documentaries about food/farming o…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

1 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Lizz

HOMEGROWN Occupy Movement

In the past few weeks, thousands of folks have gathered in Occupy demonstrations across the country to protest the greed of banks, the powe…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

33 Oct 31, 2011
Reply by Caroline Malcolm

Fall hiking - which trail will you take?

via: HOMEGROWN.org Member Blog: Fall Hiking   In between water sports and downhill skiing, I get my outdoors fix with some crisp, scenic hi…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Sep 29, 2011

Eating for two! A new mom learns to eat again

Farm Aid staffer and new mom, Hilde, discusses sensitive stomachs and how to eat right for yourself and for your newborn.  She is currently…

1 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by bebe

How Will You Celebrate Food Day?

Yesterday I posted a blog about the first-annual Food Day being held on October 24.  We've gotten some great feedback on Facebook and Twitt…

0 Sep 20, 2011

Food Truck Frenzy

It's the summer of food trucks.  Here in Boston, these roving restaurants on wheels are providing city slickers and tourists alike with mov…

0 Aug 23, 2011

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library