HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged 'farming' (10)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Growing Lettuce 101

The following 101 on growing lettuce comes courtesy of HOMEGROWN member and Ohio farmer extraordinaire Lucy. (Read more about Lucy and Boul…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

7 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Johnny Briggs

Seed Starting 101

When it comes to growing your own food, there’s only one thing more satisfying than seeing your plants go from wily seedling to ripe, juicy…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

5 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by Jennifer

High Tunnel Raspberries & Strawberries

We recently added a high tunnel on our farm to grow raspberries and strawberries for our farmers market stand. Anybody have any experience…

Started by richard maxwell

3 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by richard maxwell

Farm-City, State - Community Supported Filmmaking

David Barrow and team have teamed up to document Austin's progress into the nation's popular local food movement. 'What if an entire city c…

Started by David Barrow

1 Jan 2, 2013
Reply by David Barrow

I don't know how to eat anymore!

Here's the deal. I'm an agrarian in my heart, but I've been pursuing dead end paths in the "real world" for so long now that I've almost co…

Started by Haven J Marceau

2 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by Haven J Marceau

Food Films

Many of us have seen Food, Inc.  - a primer on food and farming issues - but there hundreds of films and documentaries about food/farming o…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

1 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Lizz

NYT: When Food Kills

In case you missed this op ed last weekend. Lots of people are talking about it. Apropos of some discussions going on in the Food Preserva…

Started by Cornelia

0 Jun 14, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day, fellow Homegrowners! Earth Day has always been one of my favorite days of the year.  As a grade schooler I remember sowing…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Apr 22, 2011

"How to Start an Organic Farm: A Visit To Fire Mountain Farm

From friend and HOMEGROWNer JessicaReeder's blog:Catherine Gockley, owner of Fire Mountain Farm and Apiary, didn’t start out as a farmer. S…

Started by Cornelia

0 Oct 27, 2010

Urban Farming in Detroit- Becoming Reality???

News reports and interviews with Mayor Bing indicate he dreams of demolishing 40 sq miles of abandoned homes ripe with drugs and crime and…

Started by Carrie Seal-Stahl

2 May 10, 2010
Reply by Carrie Seal-Stahl

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library