HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

All Discussions Tagged '101' (11)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Raised Beds 101

The following 101, on gardening in raised beds, is a collective effort of the HOMEGROWN flock—this means you—and is very much a work in pro…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

14 Apr 29
Reply by Ellen Peavey

Container Gardening 101

The following 101, on container gardening, comes from a federal civil servant turned home brewer, food grower, and putter upper (not to men…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

11 Mar 15
Reply by David Nuttle

Soil Testing 101

The following 101, on soil testing, comes from Rachel, a HOMEGROWN Life blogger and a woman who knows a thing or two about growing. You can…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Lucy Goodman

Build Your Own Bat House 101 (aka: Fighting Mosquitos 101)

NOT It's summer. That means grillin' chillin' and some scratchin' at those outdoor barbecues. Sometimes it seems like the mosquitos are di…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Mar 29, 2012

Garden Planning 101

Many thanks to HOMEGROWN member Stacey, and to everyone who contributed their 2 cents to this 101, for your thoughtful advice on garden pla…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

7 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by Marianne Smith

Growing Collards 101

From HOMEGROWNer Andrew Odom: To borrow a line(s) from Midnight Oil, "The time has come / A fact's a fact / It belongs to them/ Let's giv…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

2 Nov 16, 2011
Reply by Ellen Peavey

Canning Basics 1o1

Big thanks to Julie from Savvy Eats for generously sharing her posts on the basics of canning! Also check out the useful and straightforwa…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

0 Sep 8, 2011

Backyard Chickens 101

Contributed by Rachel Whetzel Whether you live in the city or in the country, chickens are a worth while adventure. I started my flock i…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

14 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Erin Mitchell

Outdoor Earth Oven Building 101

From HOMEGROWNer Andrew Odom (The following post is about our experience making a cob oven. We built in the middle of the summer and that…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by Rebecca Lee

Hoop House (for under $30) 101

From HOMEGROWNer Andrew Odom After reading about the $50 greenhouse I quickly decided I needed to make one of my own. The summer season…

Started by HOMEGROWN.org

1 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Erin Mitchell

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Community Philosphy Blog and Library