HOMEGROWN

Celebrate the culture of agriculture & share skills (Growing! Cooking! Eating!)

Recipe File (29)

Posts in Category Replies Latest Activity

Cookies!

This is one of my favorite recipes.  The original recipe came from the Quaker Oats container.  My mom made the original recipe quite often…

Started by Marianne Smith

1 Apr 10, 2012
Reply by Yvonne

Crookneck Squash

Someone gave me one of these and I have no idea what to do with it or what it tastes like.  Anyone got any ideas??

Started by Christene

4 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Brenda Seader

Homemade Soda Syrup

Last Christmas, we got my dad (who loves a good root beer float) his very own Soda Stream - a little gizmo that carbonates his beverages at…

Started by Caroline Malcolm

0 Dec 19, 2011

My Watermelon Pickle Crawl

My G-Ma used to make me Watermelon Pickles, as a child. Now as an adult, I would like to make them for myself. I have tried some from my lo…

Started by Natalie Ratliff

13 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Sharon Carson

Popcorn

Getting back to basics we have invested in a whirly pop and have stopped using microwave popcorn.  This led to much grumbling from my oldes…

Started by Christene

3 May 29, 2011
Reply by Pat Johnson

Don't throw those lobster bodies away... make lobster stock!

When you eat fresh Maine lobster it is important to get every last morsel of meat because depending upon your location, you may have spent…

Started by Lobsters on the Fly

0 Apr 21, 2011

Gluten Free Bread

Hi,   My son-in-law found out he is gluten intolerant. The prices of gluten free bread are astronomical. Could someone please share their g…

Started by 817CeCe

1 Apr 20, 2011
Reply by dixiebelle

Anyone tried low-temp yogurt?

Hello fellow Earthlings! I've recently found a great source of raw milk and cream not too far from my home (yeah!), and I've been making yo…

Started by Laetitia Grandval Won

12 Apr 4, 2011
Reply by Angela (Salt of the Earth Farm)

Preserving Lemons

Found a great article about preserving Lemons- If you have an abundance of lemons, or just like to stock up here is an easy great way to do…

Started by kristin clapper

0 Apr 1, 2011

Greens recipes: Kale, chard, collard, lettuces...what do you do with your luscious leafies?

Naturally, braised dark greens with garlic and EVOO is a standard, but what other creative dishes have you tried?

Started by Cornelia

9 Dec 26, 2010
Reply by Victoria Brigham

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Join us on:

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by HOMEGROWN.org.   Powered by