Texas Natural Builders
Houston Yoga & Ayurvedic Wellness Center
is proud to announce a Cob Oven Workshop!
Come join us as we turn earth & rock into a beautifully sculpted wood fired oven!
13602 Kluge Road
Cypress, TX 77429
We will be sculpting a beautiful oven in the shape of the chubby Buddha complete with benches that wrap around the outside in a crescent shape!
Friday July 1st 10:00am-6:00pm – Build oven and bench base with concrete rubble and soil for infill.
For those taking the weekend only portion of this workshop we will discuss the foundation build up to the Saturday morning start and answer any questions you may have.
Saturday July 2nd
- 8:00am-9:00am – Form Oven base insulation layer with cob, re-purposed beer bottles & sand.
- 9:00am-10:00am – Create sand bed and lay fire brick in place, set sand form for interior dome size.
- 10:00am-11:00am – Mix and apply fire cob to the dome form as well as mix and apply light straw clay.
- 11:00am-12:00pm – Mix and apply first layer of cob forming the base of the sculpture.
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch (Potluck)
- 1:00pm-6:00pm – Form cob shape until done.
Sunday July 3rd 8:00am-6:00pm – Mix plaster and apply to the sculpture until done, remove sand form, first firing.
Tuition is: $75 per single person - $120 per couple for all 3 days.
$60 per single person - $105 per couple for Saturday and Sunday only