Time: May 7, 2009 at 7pm to May 10, 2009 at 5pm
Location: Space Gallery
Street: 538 Congress St.
City/Town: Portland, ME
Website or Map: http://havefaithinworthlesskn…
Phone: (207) 828-5600
Event Type: fair
Organized By: Space Gallery and Food + Farm
Latest Activity: Mar 26, 2009
Four days of talks, films and hands-on workshops exploring our access to sustainable food.
• Thursday, May 7th, 7:30pm | Ted Ames: Fishing Voices
Lobsterman and MacArthur "Genius" discusses the past and future of Maine wild fisheries
• Friday, May 8th, 7:30pm | Food, Inc. - Advance preview screening
New documentary featuring Michael Pollan, Eric, Schlosser, Joel Salatin and more
• Saturday, May 9th, daytime | Cultivating Community Urban Garden Fair Free, hands-on activities at the Boyd Street Urban Farm
• Saturday, May 9th, 7:30pm | An Evening with Bryant Terry
Eco-chef, author and food justice activist shares his work and vision of a sustainable future
• Sunday, May 10th, 10am-5pm | MOFGA Food+Farm University Urban/suburban food production workshops: small space gardening, chicken care,beekeeping, root cellars, fruit in small spaces, vermicomposting and more
Watch the SPACE website for more details.